Tuesday 17 June 2014

Chicken Wrap with Greek Yogurt





I like to think of myself as a pretty inventive person when it comes to food. I've been in love with tzatziki sauce ever since I tried it and I quickly learned that the sauce was mainly Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic and some other herbs. Since the main ingredient was Greek yogurt, I thought why not try a wrap with just Greek yogurt.  It turned out pretty good, it didn't have the same garlicky taste as a tzatziki but it sure had the texture and the creaminess of it. 









The instructions are very simple, for the chicken, you can use any chicken strips you wish, (frozen, pre-made, homemade). I decided to use frozen because it was faster but I still cooked/warmed it up it with a bit of seasoning.

This is what I did with my frozen chicken strips so you can modify according to the type of chicken you use. 

1. Drizzle your pan with a tiny bit of olive oil let it heat up and as soon as it does add your minced garlic clove.

2. Add your pieces of frozen chicken into the pan. This will give it time to thaw as well as absorb the seasoning. 

3. Once your chicken is completely thawed, add in salt (unless your chicken is already salted) and pepper, and thyme. Cook your chicken until it's golden but still soft and not rubbery. (Try it for taste) Once it's done, take it out and place them into a small bowl. 


4. Lastly, heat up a piece of tortilla wrap (I used my toaster oven) and once it's cooled down slightly, spread your Greek yogurt onto the wrap and then proceed to adding the rest of your vegetables. Lay the cheese on top of the veggies and then add the chicken (if its still warm it will slightly melt the cheese)

5. Wrap it if you can, if not fold it into and make it into a taco/ quesadilla type sandwich. Regardless of how you eat it, it will be delicious :) 





Enjoy! 








No comments:

Post a Comment