Wednesday 18 June 2014

APPLE CHIPS


So everyone knows how healthy apples are and how delicious chips are, but if you combine them, they're absolutely amazing, and not to mention healthy. I was on this healthy streak so I checked some recipes out. Many of them say 200F but by the end, I got kind of impatient and cranked the heat up a bit and not only did it bake faster it made it crispier, in my opinion. Try for yourself! Keep reading for extremely simple instructions. 







1. Preheat your oven to 200F, and then wash one apple of your choice (on the ingredient card I used granny smith) and cut into very thin slices. ( Don't worry if some aren't perfect, you can still bake them). If you want to make it look pretty, cut it horizontally, opposite of how you would normally cut an apple. 


2. Lay the thinly cut pieces of apple on a sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle with some brown sugar. I didn't have any cinnamon but you are free to add it if you wish.


3. Place them in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, it really depends on how thin your slices are. Once they're dry to the touch on top, flip them over and add more sugar and or cinnamon on the flip side and pop them back into the oven to bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour. 


4. Keep an eye on your chips, by the last 25- 15 minutes, I cranked up the heat to about 250-300F to help the "crispy transition" go a little faster. 


Some of my chips burned but it was extra crunchy and still delicious. 


It's all up to you! Experiment with this fun recipe! 




No comments:

Post a Comment